The Fowler is LEED Gold Certified!
The Fowler is LEED Gold Certified, which means sustainable living for the 21st century.
What is LEED?
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is an internationally recognized green building certification system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The voluntary LEED program provides third party verification that a project meets guidelines set by the USGBC for achieving high performance and sustainability through green design, construction, operation and maintenance. It encourages green building practices and recognizes those meeting the standards for improved:
- Energy savings
- Water efficiency
- CO2 emissions reduction
- Indoor environmental quality
- Stewardship of resources
- Sensitivity to the impact of development on natural resources
The Fowler’s LEED Features
- Water efficient fixtures in bathroom sinks, toilets, showers, kitchen sink and appliances.
- LED lighting throughout the building, and in each unit.
- Carbon Monoxide monitor in each unit.
- High efficient HVAC units
- Double-paned windows to enhance temperature control.
- Hard-surface flooring in all unit living areas to reduce the amount of air pollutants and cleaning costs.
- Unit insulation and flooring are 3rd party certified as low-emission and safe for families.
- Unit materials (paint, coating, sealants, adhesives, etc…) are Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), creating a healthy living space for all residents.
- Ventilation system filters air pollutants directly outside, creating no build-up of moisture or cooking oils, and a unit full of fresh air.
- Energy Star appliances
- An Abundance of natural light in all units
- Preferred parking for low emitting vehicles
- Electrical vehicle charging stations
- Drought resistant landscaping